Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Template Man Cometh

He came, he saw, he templated.

Jorge the template guy showed up around 830 this morning and quickly got to work. We were expecting him to bring sheets of balsa wood to make full-sized templates, but instead he brought strips that he uses to essentially outline the counters, the bar, the backsplash, etc. On the whole everything is sufficiently level -- more or less -- and plumb, except for the area behind the sink. There, I may have been a bit overzealous with the joint compound... and now there's a charming bulge... I knew it was there, I was just hopeful it'd go on a diet and disappear before this morning. I wasn't so lucky, so I'll be sanding a bit tonight and over the weekend to thin it down.

Jorge said it'd probably be about 2 weeks until installation, which would take about 3 hours given the size of our kitchen. (I'm glad we have a small kitchen!) I'm hopeful it can happen while Jonathan's home next week... but we'll see.

No comments: