Friday, December 28, 2007

Master Electrician

Here's the kitchen as it stands at this moment. The counters are free of tile, grout, and anything else -- looks pretty good, eh?

Between the door to the pantry and living room you can see a piece of green board, water-friendlier dry wall, which I'll use for patching tomorrow. Though we cut it only to get the pieces in the car, this one is a perfect fit, by width to the wall in the photo at left. Handy! I just have to trim the length.

The sink and dishwasher are still working, and I'm optimistic that we'll continue to have them until at least 12/31. The sink doesn't really sit in a cut out so much as there's particleboard installed around and under its lip, holding it up. There are many gaps, so splashing can make for a real mess.

Behind the sink is the half-wall that will be the base of our new bar, under the pendant lights. The backsplash area there is an example of where we essentially cut the tiles off the wall, rather than prying them off. That's where I'll be patching tomorrow. I think I should be able to get a nice long piece going right across, and I'm pleased that it doesn't have to be perfect since it will be hidden by the granite :)

From our excursion to pick up the new barstools on Friday, we also picked up a couple trivets, thinking they'd be handy and look nice in the "new" kitchen. Little did I realize how handy they'd be in the Intermediate Kitchen (see left and right of stove).

2 comments:

Walter said...

Should I be concerned that there is a giant container of Vaseline next to the sink?

Jonathan said...

She ran out of plumbers putty :P