Friday, December 28, 2007

Merry Christmas

On Christmas Day, Josh, AKA Master Demo, made a repeat appearance. He and Jonathan actually removed all the remaining tile counters and backsplash. Sadly, photos with St. Nick won't download from my phone. Sorry, folks. But we can tell you all about it:

At the suggestion of Kent, our electrician, we took the "easy" route to the backsplash, scoring the dry wall with the intent of prying it off. Great, except that it turned out it wasn't so hard to remove the tiles... so in the end, we made some more dry wall practice for myself. The wall behind the stove received Jonathan's Royal Removal Treatment, and save for some torn drywall paper, is just fine. There's a great photo of Jonathan mounting the cabinets to yank at the tile on my camera...

This isn't the cleanest process, but with diligence, vacuums, and a lot of swiffer wet clothes, we managed to clean off the counters and floors so well we even had Mark & Etta for dinner on Wednesday night.

I'll be patching tomorrow, behind the sink and the wall perpendicular to the stove. We'll take action shots of the holey wall before I get started.

If I'd known how much I'd like particleboard counters, I might have suggested we do this long ago!

No comments: