Sunday, July 20, 2008

Fourth of July


So while many were celebrating our nation's independence from the Brits, Jonathan and I were enslaved to our home. He (with help from Josh) worked on removing clay from our new planting areas... who knew we could make pottery from the "dirt" out back?!

Always in need of my own project, at some point this spring I proclaimed that we were going to repaint the downstairs bathroom. I've had about all I can take of realtor beige. So, with help from Carrie, the downstairs bathroom is now blue (with white ceiling), a new mirror and light fixture. I also opted not to hang the door on the upper cabinet (reflected in the mirror) -- it's a cute "spa" look....

Not bad for a weekend's work, eh?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh, I like! I'm also inspired by your gardening 2.0 exploits. I can smell the Jasmine from Chicago! (Not really, but I can imagine. One of the many things I miss about California).