Wednesday, October 31, 2007

東京 に ようこそ

The good news is that I had a direct flight to Narita. Unfortunately, there wasn't a direct connection to my hotel today ... so I took the Narita Express train to Tokyo eki, and wandered around with luggage to transfer to another JR train Shimbashi station, only to wander around looking for a monorail to get to my hotel. I'm sure there was a better way, which might have included taking a taxi, but at least it kept me awake for the journey.

I had a little time this afternoon to wander around the Ginza shopping district. One interesting tidbit - I ran into a Krispy Kreme shop in a basement of a mall. I was kind of surprised at the long queue, but evidently it's popular. Only after I left the mall via a different exit did I realize the extent of the popularity. There were hundreds of people, and the end of the queue said "1:30"!


More later -- ちょっと眠いですから

1 comment:

Marah said...

Translations, please :)